|Power||30 MW, 13.8 kV|
|Partnership||GENRENT DO BRASIL / TECMON|
|Period||September / October - 2009|
Rapid growth of population in Manaus, the significant regional economic growth and industrial development, combined with the district's distance from the Brazilian electricity grid, resulted in large energy shortage. Due to this lack of sufficient energy supply, local population faced with continuous power disruptions and distribution difficulties.
In order to restore power supply reliability, maintain the regional economic growth and industrial development and meet the power demand, an emergency power solution was required.
Our Rapid, Cost-Effective Solution
GenRent planned, constructed and commissioned a 30 MW power plant, including equipment transportation and the construction of 69KV Substation, all within a record-breaking period. GenRent is also responsible for the operation and maintenance of the power plant since it was first connected to the electricity grid.
- earthwork and ground compression
- casting of concrete floors and creating paved areas
- assembly of the water, fuel and sewage system (including a system for drinking water, sewage, rain and oily water drainage, separation boxes for water and oil)
- assembly of fire-fighting system
- assembly of 400m3 and 30m3 fuel tanks
- assembly of electrical protection system
- assembly of comprehensive communication system: for the purposes of communication between the power plant and the transmission grid’s operational center, via satellite and via conventional system
- Advanced Control and Monitoring System: the power plant had to attend flexible demand and change of load, be remotely monitored and controlled, operate in conjunction with the power authority and interface with the specific client's protocol. The GenRent's SCADA base control system allows us as operators to monitor and control each generator in the power plant, including engine parameters, fuel system and all main circuit breakers in the substation